Pure Power is now accepting applications from experienced candidates for the position of Solar Project Engineer.
Pure Power is seeking experienced engineers to design and create construction documents for commercial and utility scale solar PV systems. Join the team known for producing best looking, most value engineered and constructable drawings in the industry. You will be joining a culture of constant education, improvement, and teamwork. As a Pure Power engineer, you will challenge yourself every day to make each design and drawing set the best one yet .
- Design and engineer commercial PV solar systems between 50kW and 5MW in size.
- Develop construction documents using AutoCAD.
- Travel to project sites from time to time to gather site-specific data, as required.
- Site assessment and analysis both from on-site data collection and network tools.
- Contributing to or writing technical papers.
- Site specific production analysis of PV arrays using existing industry models.
- Develop specifications, collect data, and complete utility interconnection applications and building permit applications.
- Develop detailed equipment specifications.
- Coordinate activities between clients, utilities, permit agencies, contractors, and other engineering firms.
- While most of this work will be carried out in Pure Power’s office in Hoboken NJ, some travel to sites will be expected.
- Roof surveying using total stations and other professional land surveying equipment.
- Integrating energy storage systems into the solar PV system.
- Mentor and train new and junior engineering personnel.
- 2+ years’ experience designing commercial solar PV systems.
- 4+ years’ experience working with AutoCAD with an understanding of layer control, dimensioning and scaling, sheet sets, blocks, xrefs, line weights, plot files, and file transmission.
- Highly knowledgeable about commercial and utility scale PV installations.
- Ability to communicate among construction, technical and non-technical personnel, both internally and outside the company.
- Detail oriented, thorough, with excellent planning, process, and project management skills.
- Strong mathematical and quantitative skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill.
- Experience in traditional building design with an MEP firm.
- Medium Voltage engineering experience.
- Experience designing energy storage systems
- Land surveying experience.
- Hands on experience commissioning, testing, and troubleshooting solar PV systems.
- NABCEP certification.
- BS in electrical engineering, structural engineering, construction management, or other related discipline.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. We pay 100% of our employee benefits costs and offer healthcare plans, long-term and short-term disability, life insurance, dental, vision and 401K.
Pure Power is in the exciting township of Hoboken, with plenty of public transportation options. We also provide a parking spot for those that wish to drive to the office.
Pure Power strives for a multicultural work environment; diversity is a core value. AA/EOE.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org