Pure Power Engineering is a leader in the design & engineering of commercial & utility scale solar PV systems. Our strength is creating the drawings that contractors use for permits and construction. Our licensed professional engineers create the best designs & drawings in the industry.
- You will work alongside our in-house Structural PE to generate the solar industry’s best structural design, analysis, and calculation packages.
- Perform structural analysis for building structures and solar mounting systems such as ballasted roof, attached roof, ground mount, and elevated canopy/carports.
- Produce required structural analysis documentation for the approval of solar permits.
- Determine and prepare wind and seismic calculations to ensure the integrity and compliance of the photovoltaic mounting systems
- Use AutoCAD to generate drawings and sketches.
- Lead or participate in project meetings and conference calls.
- Perform on-site structural inspections.
- Work cross functionally with other teams within and outside the engineering department to ensure clients’ needs and internal deadlines are met.
- Degree in Structural Engineering or related field.
- 2+ years of relevant structural design experience.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE).
- Basic experience with various structural software packages for analysis and design such as RAM Connection, TEDDS, Mathcad, ETABS, SAP and SAFE
- Analysis and design of buildings and multi-level parking garages.
- Calculation of all kinds of loads acting on a given structure (wind load, seismic load, snow load, and combinations these loads per code, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of engineering standards, codes, and other applicable state and federal guidelines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a dynamic fast pace environment.
- Valid driver’s license
- Active Professional Engineering license
- Economical and cost conscious design of concrete pads, foundations, and structures (for inverter stations, switchgear pads, etc).
- Review of and coordination with solar racking system supplier, including but not limited to; racking system components, structures, and foundations.
- Familiarity with, and eventual mastery of, solar racking manufacturer’s designs and specifications.
- Expertise in local building code requirements (IBC) and live loads (wind, snow, etc.).
- Geotechnical engineering knowledge and experienced in interpreting geotechnical reports, analysis of soil-structure interaction, soil corrosion, bearing capacity, swell/settlement, expansive soil, earth pressures, pavement section design, frost heave, slope stability, underpinning, and shoring design.
- Background in steel design, concrete design, aluminum design and cold formed steel framing system analysis and design.
- A background in surveying and coordinate systems.
- Interfacing closely with development, engineering, and construction teams.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. We pay 100% of our employee benefits costs and offer healthcare plans, long-term and short-term disability, life insurance, dental, vision and 401K.
Pure Power is in exciting downtown Hoboken, with plenty of nearby public transportation options from NYC and NJ. We also provide a private parking spot for those that wish to drive to the office.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
Pure Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Email resumes to email@example.com.