Location: Hoboken NJ or Denver CO
Apply to: careers@PurePower.com
Pure Power is seeking an experienced engineer to design and generate construction documents for commercial and utility scale solar PV systems.
Pure Power is an engineering firm specializing in designing big, challenging, and high-profile Solar PV systems (with or without energy storage). Our sophisticated clients know engineering isn’t a commodity and it pays in the end to have the best detailed, technically accurate, and well thought out designs. As a full-service engineering firm, our work is creating the electrical and structural drawings and calculation packages for bidding, permits, and construction, as well as supporting the lead up to the full engineering drawings, primarily interconnection support and electrical/structural feasibility studies.
You will be coming into a culture of constant education, improvement, and teamwork. As a Pure Power engineer, challenge yourself every day to make each design and drawing set the best one yet.
- Design and engineer commercial PV solar systems between 100kW and 20MW in size.
- Develop construction documents using AutoCAD.
- Develop specifications, collect data, and complete utility interconnection applications and building permit applications.
- Develop detailed equipment specifications.
- Coordinate activities between clients, utilities, permit agencies, contractors, and other engineering firms.
- Travel to project sites from time to time to gather site-specific data, as required.
- Site assessment and analysis both from on-site data collection and network tools.
- Contributing to or writing technical papers.
- Site specific production analysis of PV arrays using models such as PVsyst.
- While most of this work will be carried out in Pure Power’s office in Hoboken NJ, some travel to sites will be expected.
- Roof surveying using total stations and other professional land surveying equipment.
- Integrating energy storage systems into the solar PV system.
- Provide mentorship and training to new and junior engineering personnel.
- 2-5 years’ experience designing commercial solar PV systems.
- BS in electrical engineering, structural engineering, construction management, or other related discipline.
- Familiarity with the National Electrical Code
- 2-5 years’ experience working with AutoCAD with an understanding of layer control, dimensioning and scaling, sheet sets, blocks, xrefs, line weights, plot files, and file transmission.
- Ability to communicate among construction, technical and non-technical personnel, both internally and outside the company.
- Experience in traditional building design with an MEP firm.
- Medium Voltage engineering experience.
- Experience designing energy storage systems
- Hands on experience commissioning, testing, and troubleshooting solar PV systems.
- NABCEP certification.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. We pay 100% of our employee benefits costs and offer healthcare plans, long-term and short-term disability, life insurance, dental, vision and 401K.
Pure Power is in exciting downtown Hoboken, with plenty of nearby public transportation options from NYC and NJ. We also provide a private parking spot for those that wish to drive to the office.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
Pure Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.