Civil Engineering Manager (Utility Scale Solar)
The Civil Engineering Manager will work with a team of design engineers, project managers and engineering consultants to review and design, large commercial and utility solar PV projects. Primary duties include GIS review, zoning review, meeting with the local town, as well as presenting to investment committees, conservation committee, and planning/zoning boards. Duties will also include managing survey and environmental sub consultants as well as working with a staff of engineers with varying levels of development experience.
About Pure Power Engineering
Pure Power is an engineering firm specializing in designing big, challenging, and high-profile solar PV systems (with or without energy storage). Our sophisticated clients know engineering isn’t a commodity and it pays in the end to have the best detailed, technically accurate, and well thought out designs. As a full-service engineering firm, our work is creating the drawings and calculation packages for bidding, permits, and construction, as well as supporting the lead up to the full engineering drawings. Pure Power has 20 engineers with over 100 years collective solar industry experience. You will be coming into a culture of constant education, improvement, and teamwork. You will challenge yourself every day to make each design and drawing set the best one yet.
- Evaluate project locations for site suitability, based on the site’s geotechnical conditions, hydrology, topography, and other characteristics relevant to a solar system.
- Travel to perform site assessments and due diligence field work throughout the USA in support of project bids, environmental studies, surveying, and construction activities.
- Support Sales and Project Development Departments by sizing potential customer sites using satellite imagery, publicly available land data, and PV system design experience.
- Design PV system including selecting racking/mounting equipment, designing access roads, drainage plans, performing relevant calculations, erosion prevention, and other tasks throughout the design and construction process.
- Assemble system drawing sets in AutoCAD for purposes of bidding, permitting, and construction.
- Prepare and/or evaluates technical specifications for foundation designs and construction site plans from contractors.
- Assist procurement in running RFPs and managing installation, civil, and geotechnical sub-contractors.
- Collaborate with Project Management, Engineers from all disciplines, and construction partners to ensure a well-coordinated, quality design Document completed installations for client as-built drawings for purposes of operations and maintenance.
- Remain up-to-date on new technologies and regulatory conditions including building codes, fire codes, utility requirements, vendor qualifications, industry best practices, safety standards, and relevant standards development.
- Five years’ experience with solar ground mount or carport systems.
- Minimum 10 years full-time experience in site development and permitting
- Active Professional Engineering license in NJ and willing to become licensed in other states as needed.
- Bachelors in Civil or Environmental Engineering degree.
- 5-7 years of experience in a similar position, designing civil projects and producing construction drawing sets and documentation, ideally in the solar power industry
- Interaction with utility and construction teams is preferred
- Experience with Autocad
- Experience with Solar PV design software including: SunDat and Helios 3D
- Experience with cost estimation of designs
- Experience developing projects at the local, State and Federal level
- Some travel will be required
- Valid driver’s license
Pure Power is in the exciting downtown area of Hoboken, just steps away from the Hoboken train station that has NJ Transit trains from throughout north Jersey and PATH and Ferry options from NYC. We can provide parking for those that wish to drive to the office.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary & benefits commensurate with experience. Benefits include healthcare plans, dental, vision and 401K.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Pure Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Please note: potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.
Email resumes to email@example.com.