Business Development Associate (Solar PV)
Pure Power Engineering seeks an experienced sales and marketing candidate to contribute towards all aspects of marketing & sales. This position will be based out of either our Hoboken NJ office or our Red Bank NJ office.
About Pure Power Engineering
Pure Power is an engineering firm specializing in designing big, challenging, and high-profile solar PV systems (with or without energy storage). Our sophisticated clients know engineering isn’t a commodity and it pays in the end to have the best detailed, technically accurate, and well thought out designs. As a full-service engineering firm, our work is creating the electrical and structural drawings and calculation packages for bidding, permits, and construction, as well as supporting the lead up to the full engineering drawings, primarily interconnection support and electrical/structural feasibility studies. Pure Power has 20 engineers with over 100 years collective solar industry experience. You will be coming into a culture of constant education, improvement, and teamwork. You will challenge yourself every day to make each design and drawing set the best one yet.
This position will report to the Director of Business Development and work closely with the marketing and project management teams. The marketing and sales responsibilities for this role is described here:
- Research the solar industry’s construction segment and identify the top players in the market.
- Develop a strategy for building a pipeline of prospects.
- Initiating contact with key decision makers at pre-qualified target prospects.
- Engaging, and developing relationships with target prospects.
- Working closely with prospects to understand their key goals and objectives.
- Fully articulating the value proposition to prospective customers.
- Create quotes and proposals.
- Handing off contracted projects to the engineering team.
- Logging all communications in Salesforce.
- Continually add value to the organization beyond your day-to-day tasks.
- Closely studies past sales data to determine price points for services.
- Attendance at tradeshows, networking events, and meetings in client offices.
- 2+ years sales experience.
- 1+ years of marketing and content creation experience.
- Understanding of engineering and solar PV systems.
- Salesforce experience.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business' various types of content.
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
In our Hoboken NJ headquarters or Red Bank NJ sales office.
Pure Power’s HQ is in the exciting downtown area of Hoboken, just steps away from the Hoboken train station that has NJ Transit trains from throughout north Jersey and PATH and Ferry options from NYC. We can provide parking for those that wish to drive to the office.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary & benefits commensurate with experience. Benefits include healthcare plans, dental, vision and 401K.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Pure Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Please note: potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.